Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Birthday Invites for my Niece - Bollywood Style




Hello friends!!  My niece in Puerto Rico will soon be celebrating her Quinceanera (Sweet 15), Bollywood style and I offered to make her invites!!  I was so honored when she graciously accepted, but then it hit me... I've never done Bollywood style cards/invites before!  Yikes!!

First I scoured the Internet for ideas... especially hitting up Pinterest (I live there -- LOVE IT!!).  Anyway... I reviewed all of the ideas and made a list.  Headed out to Hobby Lobby and found some pretty brightly patterned papers that fit the theme.  I had the nested grande dies from Spellbinders, a beautiful border one from Sizzix, a few from Memory box... and brought out my gold card stock.  Next, I pulled out all the bling in beautiful bright colors and started to play!

It was fun, but also challenging.  :)  Here are a few of the ideas I came up with.  My hubby took the photos for me, before we shipped them off to Puerto Rico, for Jenny to pick out her favorite.  Sorry for the poor lighting and shadows.  Now I hope she sends back her favorite one (pictured below), because I can't remember how I 'built' it!  :/

Thanks for looking.... happy scrapping!! :)

~Evie ;)

Jenny picked this one

These are some of the other samples I made:







No comments:

Post a Comment