Hello Everybody! Today I worked on 6x6 cards, using the card bases from Recollections at Michaels. I've never done this size before. Actually, these card bases measure 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. I was looking forward to finally using my beautiful paper pads from Hobby Lobby (Prima and Paper Studio brands). I had fun making these. I used the flowers I made last week and vintage laces I had. I stopped after making three, but hope to make some more tomorrow night. :) Thanks so much for stopping by and looking.
Hi Everybody! Hope you enjoyed a nice Valentine's Weekend. :) I'm excited to have tomorrow off... so I can work on some new cards... I'm attempting to make some 6x6 cards. I've never made any of them before, and I picked up some blanks at Michaels yesterday. I know, I know... I said I wasn't going to buy anything new... but I had a gift card from my Mom to use! ;) That doesn't count, right?
Above and below are snapshots of a card I made using my Accucut dies. I love the scallop edge A7 card die, and the tag/pocket die I used to make this card. I didn't stamp a sentiment, as I figured I could use just stamp it with the sentiment I will need at the time. I made six of these... they were super easy and fun to make! I hadn't made any with these colors before, and I really like how they came out! Thanks for looking and for stopping by. Have a great President's Day!
Hello friends! Tonight I decided to post some Prima Doll Tags that I've made. I absolutely love putting these together - but I even love giving them to my family and friends more!! I love picking out the 'outfit' and of course, adding all of the fun accessories (AKA embellishments) to go with the doll. Below are some close ups of this one and a couple of others I made too... Thanks so much for looking!
Hello friends!! My niece in Puerto Rico will soon be celebrating her Quinceanera (Sweet 15), Bollywood style and I offered to make her invites!! I was so honored when she graciously accepted, but then it hit me... I've never done Bollywood style cards/invites before! Yikes!!
First I scoured the Internet for ideas... especially hitting up Pinterest (I live there -- LOVE IT!!). Anyway... I reviewed all of the ideas and made a list. Headed out to Hobby Lobby and found some pretty brightly patterned papers that fit the theme. I had the nested grande dies from Spellbinders, a beautiful border one from Sizzix, a few from Memory box... and brought out my gold card stock. Next, I pulled out all the bling in beautiful bright colors and started to play!
It was fun, but also challenging. :) Here are a few of the ideas I came up with. My hubby took the photos for me, before we shipped them off to Puerto Rico, for Jenny to pick out her favorite. Sorry for the poor lighting and shadows. Now I hope she sends back her favorite one (pictured below), because I can't remember how I 'built' it! :/
I dug into my vintage lace drawer and picked out some pretty 'straight-edged' laces in beiges and whites. Next, I picked up my long sewing needle and heavy duty upholstery thread. I hand-gathered the lace, creating beautiful rosettes. With some Prima and Recollections flowers added, pretty bling in the center, and some eyelash yarn...tada! Beautiful shabby style flowers to add to any new upcoming creations! ;)
I really loved the way these turned out... and they were super easy! Thanks for looking!
Hi Everybody! Here are a few snapshots of a Prima Doll Tag Swap I joined in on with Tmika from YouTube Channel, ScrapDaWorld. This lady is so talented and when she posted that she was hosting a swap with my favorite Prima Doll stamps, I jumped at the opportunity! She had two groups for the swap: One to include an altered bottle cap, and the other to include an altered domino. I signed up for the group with the altered bottle caps.
I usually tend to stick to pastels, or vintage colors, so it was fun to try something different this time. I opted to go with the Bird Song paper from the Graphic 45 Collection. I love birds and fell in love with this paper. I first cut the tag out of chipboard and then covered both sides with paper from K and Company. I cut the Bird Song paper into die cuts that I embellished with Flower Soft on the branches, and a rubber stamp from the Tim Holtz collection (PostCard). The last piece of the project was to come up with a fun way to package our tag. I designed a pocket out of mint green dividers used to separate files in a manila folder.
I was really happy with the way this turned out! I can't wait to see what the other members of our group came up with. I'll be sure to post snapshots of those too! Thanks for looking!